Helsinki by Summer, YouTube video © City of Helsinki
We recommend (all links open another website):
MuseA – MUSEUMS
Natural History Museum 100 m
- Finnish nature and world nature exhibitation. The history of life exhibitation is about early signs of life on Earth.
Ateneum 750 m
- Collections exhibitation stories of Finnish art, Finlands largest and oldest art collection.
Amos Rex 300 m
- Art museum, underground exhibitations.
The National Museum 650 m
- Museum presents Finnish history from the Stone Age to the present day. There are many collections for example coins, medals and weapons.
Kamppi 200 m
- Shopping center, small grocery stores
Forum 500 m
- Shopping center
Sokos 450 m
- Department store.
Stockmann 800 m
- Department store.
- Movie theatre
Allas Seapool 1,9 km
- Marine spa. There are a warm pool and a seawater pool.
Löyly 3,2 km
- Sauna, restaurant and bar. One of the main tourist attractions.
SkyWheel Helsinki 1,9 km
- There’s no better way to take in the beauty of Helsinki and the south coast than from the top of the SkyWheel!
Other places to see and/or explore
Tanssin Talo / Dance House Helsinki 2 km
- Opens on Feb 2, 2022 at 20:00. The Opening Gala will be broadcasted live on Yle Areena.
The Finnish National Opera and Ballet 1,5 km
- A national art institution, offering opera and ballet performances and other events to audiences of all ages.
Olympic Stadium, 2 km
- Opened 1938, host of the Summer Olympic Games in 1952 and completely renovated in 2020 is the crown jewel of Finnish functionalism.
Oodi 600 m
- Oodi has a beautuful architechture and is a public library.
Senate Square 1,4 km
- Carl Ludvig Engel designed The Seate Square. The surrounding of The Senate Square make up the oldest part of central Helsinki.
Helsinki cathedral 1,4 km
- Helsinki cathedral is located on the edge of The Senate Square and is build for Tsar Nicholas I of Russia.
Temppeliaukio Church 500 m
- The most interesting church in Helsinki, built directly into solid rock. Also known as the Church of the Rock or Rock Church. Temppeliaukio Church is both a popular tourist sight and an active Lutheran church. In 2019 they had 938 000 visitors from all over the world.
Market Square 1,4 km
- Is located in central Helsinki. From spring to autumn the Market Square is active with vendors selling Finnish food and souvenirs.
Old Market Hall 1,6 km
- The Market Hall was opened in 1889. There are around 25 differents mercants and cafes.
Finlandia Hall 750 m
- The Finlandia Hall is a event venue and congress. It was designed by Alvar Aalto.
Kaisaniemi Botanic Garden 1,7 km
- There are over 800 different spices of plants. The live collection of plants are used in teaching and research.
Mannerheiminaukio 270 m
- A memorial for former president C.G.E Mannerheim.
The Parliament House 170 m
- This is where the Parliament of Finland gathers.
Töölönlahden puisto / Hesperian puisto
- Parks where you can go for a walk.
The Sibelius Monument, 2 km
- The Sibelius Monument is dedicated to the Finnish composer Jean Sibelius (1865-1957). The monument is located at the Sibelius Park (Sibeliuspuisto) in the district of Töölö in Helsinki
(more attractions and links will be added…)